You Make Every Day Cooler

5.29.2017


Hello everyone! I'm stopping in to share my card for this weeks My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #334. You can check out all the challenge details HERE. I followed along with the sketch and only changed the bottom edge. I used a fun Stitched Snow Drift to die cut the bottom edge of my white cardstock instead of a scalloped edged die. 


For my window frame I used two different dies. I started by die cutting a piece of wintergreen cardstock with a double stitched square die from MFT's. Once I had my square die cut I took a simple square die from Spellbinders and cut the inside out to create my frame. I adhered my frame to some fun patterned paper from Crate paper, attached it to a white piece of  cardstock that I die cut, and adhered both pieces to my patterned paper card front. 


I inked up one of the adorable little penguins from MFT's BB Penguins in Paradise stamp set, colored him with some Spectrum Noir markers, and fussy cut him. I also paper pieced his little floaty with some striped patterned paper before I adhered him to my card front. I added a fun little stitched banner with a mini gold staple to the upper right of my frame and a small fussy cut flower to the bottom right of my stitched border to complete my visual triangle. I added a fun sentiment that reads "You make everyday cooler" to the bottom part of my card and my card was complete. I hope you enjoyed my card.  Thanks for visiting!

Supplies: Cardstock- White & Wintergreen / Patterned Paper- Crate Paper Wonder Collection / Stamp Set- MFT's BB Penguins in ParadiseMemento Ink Pad-Tuxedo Black / Spectrum Noir Markers- IG5, True Black, OR!, FS6, BGR1 / MFT's Dies- Stitched Snow Drifts, Blueprints 27, & Double Stitched Square STAXSpellbinders Die- Classic Squares Large / American Crafts Mini Stapler w/Mini Gold Staple

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS