Strike Up The Band

9.22.2016

Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing my third and final entry for MFT’s Superstar Card Contest. There are only a few hours left to enter if your interested. All you have to do to enter is pull out your favorite MFT’s stamps & dies, create a brand new/original card using any theme you like, and link it up HERE.


I really wanted to create something fun and colorful so I created this really colorful watercolor background with some watercolor cardstock from Tim Holtz and some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I started with a 4.25” x 5.5”.piece of watercolor cardstock and used a waterbrush to paint on four different colors of glimmer mist. I made sure to work fast and overlap some of the colors so they would blend into one another.  After my watercolor background dried I die cut it with a Pierced Rectangle Die from My Favorite Things and stamped the "It's Your Birthday Strike Up The Band" sentiment from My Favorite Things BB Strike Up The Band stamp set. I also randomly stamped a few of the smaller band instruments from the set in a light gray ink over my watercolored background. I wanted the little marching mice to be the main focal point of my card so I stamped them onto some white cardstock, fussy cut, and colored them with some Spectrum Noir Markers that matched my background. I adhered them to my watercolred background with some foam pop dots to give my card some depth and attached the entire watercolored panel to a white card base.


Supplies: Cardstock- White / Ranger Distress Watercolor Cardstock / My Favorite Things Clear Stamp Set- BB Strike Up The Band / My Favorite Things Die-namics Pierced Rectangle STAX / Ranger Archival Ink Pad- Jet Black / CTMH Ink Pad- Gray Flannel / Tattered Angles Glimmer Mists- Moss, Party Pink, It's Orange, Dragonfly / Spectrum Noir Markers- GG!, GG2, GB1, GB10, BT4, CG2, FS6, BP2

1 comment:

Shaz Brooks said...

Love the background colours, and those mice are so sweet! Hugs, Shaz xx

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS