Walking On Sunshine

7.18.2016

Hello everyone! Yesterday I shared a fun Polynesian themed card for My Favorite Things Camp Create Magnificent Masking Challenge. Today I'm back with another Polynesian themed card except this time I created it for My Favorite Things Camp Create Background Bonanza Challenge. I used the turtle, flower cluster, large leaf, small leaf, large flower, small flower, hibiscus flower, pineapple, and "Our Friendship Keeps Me Walking On Sunshine" sentiment from My Favorite Things BB Polynesian Paradise set to create my background.


To create my background I started with a 5 1/2' x 4 1/2' piece of white cardstock and started randomly laying out my images before inking them up. Once I had an idea of where I wanted each stamp to go I pick them up with a large stamping block and ink them up. I repeatedly stamped the images until I had my cardstock panel filled with images. I did have to go back and fill in a few spots with a few of the smaller images before coloring but for the most part my entire panel filled up pretty quickly because I was using the large stamping block with multiple images on it. I colored all my images in with some Spectrum Noir Makers keeping in mind some Polynesian/Paradise themed color combos. Once my background was complete I took a small paint brush, dipped it into some black mist and lightly splattered some black mist across my entire panel. On a separate piece of white cardstock I stamped the adorable little turtle from the set, colored him, fussy cut him, and added a fun little google eye to his stamped eye.


I heat embossed the "Our Friendship Keeps Me Walking On Sunshine" sentiment from the set onto some tan cardstock, adhered it to half a yellow circle ment to represent a sun, adhered it to my cardbase, and added my fussy cut turtle right above my tan sentiment panel. I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks for visiting!
Supplies: Cardstock- White, Bright Yellow & Tan / My Favorite Things Stamp Set- BB Polynesian Paradise / Tsukineko Memento Ink Pad- Tuxedo Black / Spectrum Noir Markers / Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist- Beetle Black / WOW! Embossing Powderl-Opaque Bright White / Mini Google Eye

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS