Hello, Sunshine

7.17.2016

Hello everyone! Today I'm playing along with My Favorite Things Camp Create Magnificent Masking Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Create A Scene Challenge over at the Wednesday Challenge Blog. I used the adorable little hula girl, flower cluster, and Hello, Sunshine sentiment from My Favorite Things BB Polynesian Paradise set to create my little stamped scene.


I started with a white peice of cardstock slightly smaller then my kraft card base and lightly traced a large circle right in the middle to use as my guide. I stamped the hula girl right in the middle of my circle and stamped two clusters of flowers, one on each side of her I left some space under her feet so I would have room to add my sentiment banner once all my masking was done. Once I had all my images stamped I colored them with some Spectrum Noir Markers and masked them all so I could add my sun. I masked around the circle I used in the beginning as my guide and added some yellow ink to create my sun. I peeled off the mask I used to create my sun, leaving all my other images masked. I then add another mask to the sun I just inked and misted the entire panel with two different mists. Once my panel had time to dry I peeled away all my masks reveling my scene and add the entire panel to my kraft card base. I heat embossed the Hello, Sunshine sentiment from the set onto some black cardstock, folded it to create a banner, and adhered it right under my images. 


I usually don't do a lot of masking or scene building on my cards but I have to say I absolutely love how this turned out and I had so much fun creating it. I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks for visiting!
Supplies: Cardstock- White, Black & Kraft / My Favorite Things Stamp Set- BB Polynesian Paradise
Tsukineko Memento Ink Pad- Tuxedo Black / Spectrum Noir Markers / Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist- Sun Sisters & Crushed ShellsWOW! Embossing Powderl-Opaque Bright White / Mini Clear Gems

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Amber! Super cute image and it's so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS