I'll Bee There

6.07.2016

Hello everyone! Today I'm playing along with this weeks I Heart Sketches with a twist Sketch #155 over at the From The Heart Blog and this weeks Summer Garden Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.


I used the adorable little digital set called Bee Happy Birdbrain from From The Heart Digital Stamps shop and paired it with some patterned paper from Echo Park's Petticoats & Pinstripes Collection. Too cute, right? You can download this set for free in the From The Heart Digital Stamps Shop HERE


I didn't stray to far from the sketch, in fact I replicated the sketch exactly except I added two little embellishments to the upper left side of my patterned paper. To start I folded a 9" x 4 1/2" piece of  light pink cardstock in half to create a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" card base. One my card base was created I cut two pieces of patterned paper, distressed the edges, printed my sentiment, and layered them over my card base. I printed the Bee Happy Birdbrain digital stamp onto some white cardstock and colored the image with some Spectrum Noir markers. Once I had my image colored I took my 2 1/2' circle punch and punched my image out, distressed the edges, and adhered it to my card base. To finish my card and add a little bit of dimension I added two little yellow enamel dots to the upper left hand side of my striped patterned paper.


Here are the Spectrum Noir Markers I used.
Bird- CT2 & CT4
Flowers- CR11, BT4, CR2, GB3
Flower Stems- DG2 & DG3
Grass- DG2
Bee- GB4 & BGR1
I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks for visiting!

Supplies: Cardstock- White & Light Pink / Patterned Paper- Echo Parks Petticoats & Pinstripes Collection / From The Heart Digital Stamp Set- Bee Happy Birdbrain / Yellow Enamel Dots- Echo Park Summer Party Collection / Spectrum Noir Markers-CT2,CT4,CR11, BT4, CR2, GB3, DG2, DG3, GB4, BGR1 / CTMH Edge Distresser

6 comments:

Imke said...

This is very sweet, Amber. Like the soft Colors and the distress edges.

Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 155 @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

Judy1223 said...

Aw, this is so adorable! Love the fun colors!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I don't know how this card could make anyone NOT smile! It is so endearing with the expressions on those cute critters' faces! I thought you did an incredible job coloring it, too, and am so impressed with the subtle shading you included. It really brings those creatures to life! And I always love me an adorable stripe, which you also nailed. This came together beautifully and I'm so glad you shared your skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Angela said...

So cute! I'm a fan of the pink/yellow color combo and I love the distressed edges, they give your card the perfect "something extra"! Thank you for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps!

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

A sweet & cheerful card! Thanks so much for joining us at FTHS for Sketch #155!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS