Grateful Smile

5.15.2016

Hello everyone! Today I have a fun layout to share that I created for the NSD Embellishment Variety Challenge over at Scrapbook.com. The challenge is to create a new, never-before-published layout that showcases a wide variety of embellishments. You can link up your project and check out all the challenge details HERE



I created my page with lots of patterned paper and embellishments from Pink Paislee Cedar Lane Collection. This collection is one of my favorites, the colors and patterns are fabulous. I started the base of my layout by stamping some text in yellow and misting/splattering some black mist across the page. Once my background had dried I layered a bunch of different sized patterned paper pieces right in the center of my white 12 x 12  cardstock base. Now that I had all my layers where I wanted them I added my photos, large title, and embellishments.  I clustered some of the embellishments below my tittle and towards the upper left and right of my photos.


I thought it would be fun to mix two black and white photos with one colored photo. The black and white photos really make the colored photo stand out.


The colored photo pulls out some of the pink in the patterned paper and draws your eye toward the center of the page.


I layered my Grateful Smile title right over my photos and stapled banners creating a small clustered area towards the left side of my page. I added my journaling right below my patterned paper along with a yellow wood veneer butterfly. 


I used a variety of different die cuts, hand cut banners, tags, wood veneer pieces, gold embellishments, and mini gold staples to create a few different visual triangles and draw your eye around the page. I hope you enjoyed my layout. Thanks for visiting! 

Supplies: Cardstock-White & Black / Patterned Paper- Pink Paislee Cedar Lane Collection  / Die Cut Embellishments- Pink Paislee Cedar Lane Collection / Wood Veneer Butterfly / Canvas Corp Stamps Set- Savor The Moment / CTMH Ink Pad- Honey / Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist- It's Black / Twine / American Crafts Mini Stapler & Mini Gold Staples / 

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS