Kitty Love

1.24.2016

Hello everyone! Today I have a 12 x 12 layout to share featuring lots of fabulous patterned paper from Crate Paper's Wonder collection. It's been awhile since I participated in a challenge so I thought it would be fun to play along with this weeks "Best Friends" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and this weeks "Create with Critters" challenge over at  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.


I knew I wanted to use these two photos of my cat Pookie but I wasn't sure how I wanted to start this layout so I went through some sketches I had printed and found one from PageMaps that I thought would be fun to use. You can find the sketch I'm using today HERE. I stuck pretty close to the sketch and created the large patterned paper pie chart with lots of different sized patterned paper from Crate Papers 6 x 6 Wonder collection. Once I had all my patterned paper all laid out I added some stitching down all the sides. 


Once the background was complete I added my two photos in the center and added my title. The stamp I used originally said "Home is where your dog is" so I cut it apart and used some chipboard alphabet stickers to spell out the word cat.


I wanted the patterned paper to be the main focal point of this layout so I only added a few different embellishments and some random black mist splatters across my page. I hope you enjoyed my layout today! Thanks for visiting! 
Supplies: Cardstock- Vanilla Cream / Patterned Paper- Crate Paper Wonder Collection / Studio G Clear Stamps / CTMH Ink Pad- Black / Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist- Beetle Black / CTMH Wood Button Embellishments- Babycakes Assortment / Studio Calico Chipboard Alphabet Stickers / Sulky Thread- Cream / Sewing Machine

3 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

AWESOME page! Love the stitching and all the lovely details that you added! Brilliant job on this circular layout, Amber! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Create with Critters” Challenge!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I make no secret of my traumatic history with cats (feline allergies times a billion), but I have to say that I love, love, LOVE your layout! I could feel the kitty love (without swelling up and breaking into hives- yay!) and really thought it was a clever combo of elements. I adore your pic-chart-ish wheel and the patterned papers you chose. The pictures are adorable and I love the stitching you included. You did an amazing job here and the details of this are brilliant! Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Chary Deiling said...

This layout is awesome!! all the details and sewing fantastic!! Your cat is so pretty!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS