Aloha Minis

11.07.2015


Hello everyone! I have two little mini cards to share with you using the Polynesian Paradise stamp set from My Favorite Things. I just adore all the fabulous little images that are included in this set, the chameleon and turtle being two of them. Below you can find a closer look at my two cards. 



For my first mini card I used the cute little chameleon from the Polynesian Paradise stamp set to decorate it. I started by stamping him and my "Aloha" sentiment onto a small square piece of cardstock. After I had my chameleon and sentiment stamped I masked off the edges of my cardstock and my image. Once everything was masked I applied two different colors of yellow ink by swiping my ink pads across my cardstock. I removed the masks, colored my image, and distressed my cardstock edges. Chameleon's come in all different sizes and colors but there is one thing they all have in common and that is they have the most distinctive eyes of any reptile. Each eye can pivot and focus independently, allowing the chameleon to observe two different objects simultaneously. This gives them a full 360-degree arc of vision around their bodies. I really wanted to replicate their little eyes so I added a little mini goggle eye to his eyeball. 


My second card is similar to the first except I used the cute little turtle image, purple ink instead of yellow, and a flower patterned paper. I also splattered a few darker drops of  purple ink over my lighter shade of purple ink before removing my outside mask and adding my fussy cut turtle. Both card bases are made out of three different coordinating patterned papers. I hope you enjoyed my to little mini cards today! Thanks for visiting! 
Supplies: Cardstock- White & Green / Patterned Paper- Pink Paislee's Memorandum Collection / My Favorite Things Clear Stamp Set- Polynesian Paradise / Ranger Archival Ink Pad- Jet Black / CMTH Ink Pads- Sunkiss Yellow, Honey, Petal, Smokey Plum / CTMH Markers / Sulky Thread- Black / Sewing Machine

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS