The Lord Is My Sheperd

10.20.2015


Hello everyone! Today I have a really fun card to share that I created with one of Pretty Cute Stamps newest stamp sets called Nativity 2. I have been ohhhing and ahhhhing over all the fabulous stamped/watercolored starry night backgrounds I've seen around all my favorite blogs and decided to finally give it a try.  I used a combination of products to create my starry night sky, three different ink colors, some white ink mixed with water, and an old toothbrush. I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock to fit my black card base and then went about blending my ink colors. I started with the lightest purple color towards the center and then blended a darker shade of purple around that and then the darkest shade of purple around the edges. I kept blending the colors together until I got all of the white cardstock covered up and I got the desired shade I wanted. After setting my background aside to dry for a few minutes I mixed a small amount of white ink with some water, dipped an old toothbrush into it, ran my finger along the top of the toothbrush and splattered the entire background panel. The white paint against the blended background creates these little spatters that look like stars. Check out the close up below. 


After my splattered background had completely dried I added some distressed light green cardstock to the bottom half, added my stamped & colored images with some foam pop dots, and attached my sentiment banner to the top with a staple. I just love this card, the little shepherd and sheep are just too cute against the purple starry night sky. I defiantly will be using this technique again sometime soon. Thanks for visiting!  
Supplies: Cardstock- White, Black, & Light Green / Pretty Cute Stamps Clear Stamp Set- Nativity 2 / Ranger Archival Ink Pad- Jet Black / Tsukineko Versa Color Mini Cubes- Boysenberry, Violet, & Neptune / CTMH Markers / CTMH Re-Inker- White Daisy / Water / Toothbrush / Foam Dots / Stapler / CTMH Edge Distresser

2 comments:

Joann said...

Super cute card! I love the background, I'm definitely going to try the toothbrush technique for a starry night look!

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful background and love your grass.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy, blog
PDE Linky Party, challenge blog

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS