CCB Crew Challenge: Invites

4.12.2015


Hello everyone! Today I have a couple of baby invites and a cute little matching baby announcement to share. I created these for this weeks Crew Challenge over at The Creative Studio Blog. This weeks challenge is called "Invite Us" and its all about invites. You can find the challenge HERE


I found these fabulous printable party invitations over at HGTV under their Party Planning 101 section and just had to use them. They are a simple chevron-patterned invitation in a variety of vibrant hues, including yellow, orange, turquoise and pink. I printed out the turquoise ones thinking the color would match my patterned paper but the color was a little to bright so I ended up covering the printed pattern at the bottom with my patterned paper. I also cut and added a little matching banner to the top left of my invitations along with a gold star embellishment. 


After I had my invitations made I thought it would be fun to create a few matching baby announcements. I found this adorable little baby diaper pattern on Pinterest one day as I was browsing through some DIY projects and ended up pining it to one of my boards. The tutorial is in Spanish but once you print the pattern its pretty easy to create. If you end up printing the pattern make sure you select fit to page otherwise the pattern will end up printing off the page. I went with some fun polka dot patterned paper from Canvas Corp for the outside of  the pattern and a ivory cardstock for the inside. I also stamped the insert with a baby announcement stamp and added some ribbon and a little tag to the outside. You can check out a close up of the insert below. 


Thanks for visiting and don't forget to stop by The Creative Studio to check out the rest of the design teams invites.
Canvas Corp Supplies: Blue & Ivory Mini Dot Reverse Paper / Little Tag- It's A Boy Sampler on Ivory
Other Supplies: Stamp Set- Stampin' Up / CTMH Ink Pad- Crystal Blue / Ivory with Gold Trim Ribbon- Offray / Invitation Printable- http://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/entertaining/our-favorite-printable-party-invitations-for-year-round-celebrations-pictures / Baby Announcement Pattern- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/301600506271796153/

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS