If Your Ship Doesn't Come In, Sail Out To Meet It

2.24.2015

Hello everyone. Today I'm sharing two different sea themed tags featuring Canvas Corp patterned paper, a Hampton Art 7 Gypsies stamp set, and some Tattered Angles mist. 


I started by cutting a tag out of some striped navy & ivory patterned paper. I misted and splattered the entire tag front with some Beetle Black Tattered Angles mist and set it aside to dry. After the mist had completely dried I randomly stamped some nautical text in black ink across the entire tag. I wanted add a little cluster of images onto the bottom right side of my tag so I stamped a sea shell, a starfish, and a seahorse onto so ivory cardstock and cut them out. To add a little dimension to my images I just added a little bit of adhesive to the back, over lapped them, and lifted the edges with my fingers. To finish I added the oval sentiment to the top and centered it and then added some jute cord. You can see a close up below. 


I created the second tag the same way I did the first tag I just used different patterned paper, a different sentiment, and I didn't add any stamping to this one.


I went with some navy blue and ivory anchor paper for this tag and I also used a larger sentiment from the Canvas Corp Nautical Sayings Paper Sheet. I really love how the pair of these turned out. I think its the navy, ivory, and black color combo that I love the most. 


It's the first anything goes challenge of 2015 over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog so I'm linking these two up over for this weeks challenge. You can check out all the challenge details HERE. Thanks for visiting. 
Tag 1  Supplies: Canvas Corp Cardstock- 80lb Ivory  / Canvas Corp Patterned Paper- Navy & Ivory Big Stripe & Nautical Sayings / Hampton Art Hampton Art 7 Gypsies Stamp Set- Under the Sea / Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist- Beetle Black / Cavnas Corp Jute Cord / CTMH Edge Distresser 

Tag 2 Supplies: Canvas Corp Cardstock- 80lb Ivory / Canvas Corp Patterned Paper- Navy and Ivory Anchor & Nautical Sayings / Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist- Beetle Black / Cavnas Corp Jute Cord / CTMH Edge Distresser 

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS