Fusion Card Challenge #18 &Handmade Cards Week: The Metal, Wood, & Cork Challenge

9.27.2013

Hello everyone! Today I have two cards to share for two different challenges! The first card I'm sharing  I created for this weeks Fusion Card Challenge #18. You can check out this weeks hypothesis below and all the other challenge details HERE.


I decided to play along with the sketch but I did take a little inspiration from the photo as well. I stuck pretty close to the sketch but I did add a strip of brown cardstock to the bottom of my patterned paper and some stitching. Had lots of fun with this one, stamping and paper piecing!


The second card I'm sharing I created for Cath's Moxie Fab World Handmade Cards Week: The Metal, Wood, & Cork Challenge!


I decided to use a metal butterfly embellishment on my card for this challenge. I have a bunch of these little metal embellishments in my stash, I think I found them at Jo-Ann's in the jewelry department. I remember them been pretty cheap and a bunch of different ones came in one pack. You can check out all the challenge details HERE. Thanks for visiting! 

Card 1 Supplies: Cardstock- Orange, Vanilla Cream, Red, Blue, Green, Brown / Patterned Paper-  Fancy Pants Beach Bum Collection / Paper Wings Productions Stamps- Text Background Cling Stamp Set & Play With Your Coffee Clear Stamp Set / CTMH Marker- Black, Chocolate, Bamboo / Sulky Thread- Cream / Sewing Machine
Card 2 Supplies: Cardstock- Pink / Patterned Paper- Fancy Pants / Sentiment Stamp- CTMH / CTMH Ink Pad- Watermelon / Ribbon- Lime Green / Metal Butterfly Embellishment- Jo-Ann's Craft Store / Sulky Thread- Lime Green / Sewing Machine

9 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Found you on SCS, love both these cards! Great use of stitching, I usually just stitch around the edge. Thanks for the idea and inspiration. Hugs, Karen

Lynn said...

The combination of the big polka dots and the stripes on your first card is awesome. They both are so cheery and happy! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

Kim Pope said...

Both cards are great. I love the stitching!

Lyn Wallan-Smith said...

Love both of your cards. I adore charms and have used them on my packaging for my candles and soaps for a long time :)

Margaret said...

Two fabulous cards! LOVE the colors on the first one and the butterfly charm is perfect for the second!

Silke said...

Love the cheerful colors on the first one and the beautiful sentiment on the second card.

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Great cards! I love the patterned coffee cup!

Geri said...

Both cards are so nice! Love the patterns and colors you've used in the FUSION sketch...SWEET!!! Thanks so much for joining us!

Cath said...

Hey Amber! Thanks for linking this up to the Metal, Cork, & Wood Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS