Babycakes

8.12.2013


 
Hello Everyone! Today I'm sharing my first Deign Team project for Lori Brown's CTMH Design Team. I created a 12x12 layout using supplies from Close To My Hearts Babycakes Scrapbooking Kit. I just love the fun patterned paper in this collection....the patterns can be used for any project not just baby themed ones. I also love the fabulous stamp set, all the embellishments, and the bronze shimmer trim that comes along with the kit. You can find links to all the supplies I used below or if you're interested in the kit you can check it out HERE. For my layout I used three different patterned papers, the shimmer trim, two embellishments, and two stamps along with thread, a sewing machine and an edge distresser.


I just love this new Bronze Shimmer Trim from Close To My Heart. I started by adding a strip of the trim where the two pieces of patterned paper met up and then to give my bow more dimension I left the backing on four pieces of the trim and folded them in half. I then cut two small strips and cut tails in both of them and added my gem embellishment to the center tucking the two smaller strips under it.


I used the large "I Just Love You" stamp from the Babycakes Scrapbooking Workshop D1569 stamp set but I masked off the outside heart edge so I could distress the edges. I also used the little baby star stamp from the set and added it to the top left of my layout. Thanks for visiting!
Supplies: CTMH Cardstock- Slate / CTMH Patterned Paper- Babycakes / CTMH Stamp Set- D1569 / CTHM Ink Pad- Chocolate /  CTMH Embellishments- Babycakes Assortment / CTMH Ribbon- Bronze Shimmer Trim / Sulky Thread- Cream / Sewing Machine / CTMH Edge Distresser

6 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

How adorable Amber! I love what you did with this line, so creative!

Shaz Brooks said...

Lovely layout, I love how you've let the picture be the dominant part of the page. That trim is awesome, i agree!

Lori said...

I just love this! Your baby is gorgeous, and I love how the picture is absolutely the focus of this layout!

Joy Atkinson said...

This is so adorable. I love the bit of shine and the stitching. The photo is awesome!!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Adorable page! I love the photo! The shimmer ribbon is so fun!

Just Me said...

Beautiful page Amber, beautiful dog.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS