Hi! & I Miss You

9.16.2011

Hello everyone! Today I have two cards to share using some of my favorite pattered papers from Studio Calico's Countryside Collection, its called Wildflower. I really liked the way the first card came out, I was trying to do something a little different with the patterned paper. I wanted to add a small strip to the top of the card to cover up some of the white. I thought it would be cute to paper piece the little birds wing with some of the patterned paper as well.


Supplies: Cardstock- CTMH White & Studio Calico Fresh / Patterned Paper- Studio Calico "Wildflower" / Sentiment Stamp- CTMH D1187 For Every Occasion / CTMH Ink Pad- Blush / Sizzix /Stamping Up Die- Birds & Blossoms Bird /  Fiskars Border Punch- Apron Lace / Sulky Thread- Light Pink

The second card I have to share uses the same patterned paper and card stock as the fist card. The layout is pretty CAS, I just added a piece of patterned paper to the left side, added some ribbon, stitched around the edges, added a die cut with my sentiment, and added a bow to the die cut.


Supplies: Cardstock- CTMH White & Studio Calico Fresh  / Patterned Paper- Studio Calico "Wild Flower" / Ribbon- Cosmo Cricket / Cardstock Stickers- Studio Calico Addy Alpha "Pink" / Die Cut Tags- Studio Calico Countryside / Sulky Thread- Yellow

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Both these cards are beautiful, what a way to showcase the patterned paper!

Helene said...

Love your cards - the layout and the colors are so sweet :-)

sistochris said...

You did a great job on the cards! I can totally see why you like the paper!I love the stitching and the details. I love the velvet ribbon on the second card as well. Nice job!

Paige said...

Love the layouts on your cards. The rounded corners are a nice touch on both of them.

Just Me said...

Very nice cards. The pp on he birds wing is a really nice touch.

Jackie R. said...

Sooooooo pretty, love the soft colors and the stitching is beautiful on both cards! Really enjoy the rounded corners on the first card.

Jeremy and Samantha said...

I am "sew" envious of your sewing LOL love both cards

Margaret said...

Both of these are wonderful!Love the ribbon on the second card!

MiamiKel said...

These cards are pure delight, Amber! The softness of the paper and design are just brilliant - they made me smile! TFS!!

silkeshimazu said...

Wonderful, love the soft colors and stitching!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colors and that ribbon is fabulous.

Dorcas said...

I really love your style of cardmaking. I'm your newest follower. I hope you get on the Pumpkin Spice DT, your work is really fine. :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS