Moxie Fab Tissue Paper Magic Challenge

5.02.2011

Hello everyone, its been a while since my last post I'm going to try to find some more craft time and get back to posting regularly. Anyways onto today s card, I made this card for the "Tissue Paper Is Magic" Challenge over at Moxie Fab World. The challenge is to create a paper crafted project (card, scrapbook page, gift bag, tag, home decor item, ect.) that incorporates tissue paper or crepe paper in a fun way. You can check out the rest of the details HERE. I decide to create a flower with some black tissue paper for my card. I started by punching five 1 inch circles out of my black tissue paper. After I had all five circles punched I wrinkled them up then layered them and added a large white bead to the center. Its hard to see the layers in the photo above so below is a close up of  the tissue paper flower. Thanks for stopping by today.


Supplies: Cardstock- White, Tulip, New England Ivy / Patterned Paper- Echo Park Be Mine Collection / SRM Sticker- Thank You / Large White Bead / Black Tissue Paper / Sulky Thread- Tulip / Martha Stuart Border Punch- Doily

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Love that colour combo
Lisa x

MiamiKel said...

Oh wow, Amber! Such a striking card - love the contrast that it has and of course, polka dots :) The tissue paper flower is very creative!

Jeremy and Samantha said...

awesome job on the flower, I will have to try that, tfs

Margaret said...

What a great idea! I love the way the bead in the flower ties into the polka dot paper. Beautiful card!

BTW-found your blog thru the SCS blog hop

stampinbygenny said...

Great color combination and layout. Your flower turned out beautiful. TFS

Fiona said...

A very striking combo! Love your flower.

Anne Marie said...

Hi Amber! This is stunning! That flower is so pretty and the whole card just pops with those red scallops and stitching. :)

Anonymous said...

What i find difficult is to discover a blog that may seize me for a minute but your weblog is different. Bravo.

Jackie said...

This is beautiful Amber & I LOVE the colors you used! Awesome job Hun & TFS!!!

Jennipher Lowery said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing the deets on the flower.

Cath said...

Hey Amber! Thanks for linking this up to the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS