Thank You Card Finshed Inside & Out

10.19.2010

Today I have something a little different to share, a card finished inside and out. ( This is very rare for me. ) Something else fun and a little different is I used a recycled brown paper bag to stamp on. Its just a plain old brown paper bag you would get from the grocery store, you could also use one of  those small brown lunch bags if you have one handy.
I started by stamping a solid red circle randomly over a large piece of the brown bag and then went over the solid red circles with another circle stamp with a star in white. Going over the red circles with the white gave it a light pink tone. After I let the colors dry I cut two panels off the larger piece I stamped and stitched them to white card stock and distressed the edges. The middle panel is stamped with Thank You and done the same way as the other two panels.
For the inside of the card I used a large piece of the brown paper bag. I stared by masking off a panel towards the top and then  stamped the circles the same way I did on the front of the card. After I had the circles stamped I removed the masking tape I stamped my sentiment in the middle then stitched around the edges.
Don't forget to check out the new challenge over at Caardvarks. The challenge is to create a new card that is decorated inside and out. You have until November 3rd to play along. You can find the rest of the details HERE.


Supplies: Card Stock- White / Paper- Recycled Brown Paper Bag / Solid Circle Stamp & Circle Stamp with Star- CTMH C1245 Oh Christmas Tree / Sentiment Stamp- CTMH C1381 Card Chatter- Thank You / CTMH Ink Pads- Tulip & White Daisy /  Sulky Thread White / CTMH Edge Distresser

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a great idea, the brown bag paper is neat, and I love the stitching.

jimlynn said...

Fantastic!!!! Love it. Great use for those paper bags!
Lynn

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun pattern and color combo both inside and out.

Jenyfur said...

Amber, this is lovely - what GREAT stamping!

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card tfs?!!!

Kimba's Kreations said...

VERY cute card!

xiumaiyuki said...

Paper bag?!!! get outta here! hehe... how fabulous is that?! At first, I really thought it was a DP!!! Beautiful card!

Niki Estes said...

Cute card! I love the colors and pattern.

Kathy said...

HI Amber, It's rare for me to finish the inside too. Love your colors and deisign. Beautiful card :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS