Happy World Card Making Day 2010

10.02.2010



Hello to all of you that may be stopping by for the first time via the 2010 World Card Making Day Blog Tour! Don't forget to check out the other talented participating bloggers HERE. Today I have three Christmas cards to share that I made for Cath's Holiday Cards and More Week Challenge : The Jolly Holiday Greeting Challenge over at Moxie Fab World. Check out the other challenge HERE. All four challenges end October 11th.

The first card I have to share is my favorite of the three. I started by stamping the snowflakes in a dark blue and the I went back and stamped over them with white. I love how the snowflakes turned out.

Supplies: Card Stock- Kraft / Sentiment Stamp- CTMH D1388 Card Chatter- Christmas/ Snowflake Stamp- CTMH B1106 Flurries / CTMH Ink Pads- White Daisy & Moonstruck  / Twine

The next card is another stamped snowflake card. This card has a different larger snowflake and I only used a white ink instead of blue and white.

Supplies: Card Stock- White & Kraft / Sentiment Stamp- CTMH D1388 Card Chatter- Christmas  / Snowflake Stamp- CTMH D1317 Feathery Flakes /  CTMH Ink Pad- White Daisy / Sulky Thread White / CTMH Bitty Sparkles

Last but not least I have some old fashioned Christmas Lights. This layout is the same as the one above but this time I used colorful Christmas Lights. To make the lights look like glass I added a coat of clear dimaond glaze


Supplies: Card Stock- Kraft & Olive Green  /  Sentiment Stamp- CTMH D1388 Card Chatter- Christmas  / Old Fashioned Christmas Light Stamp- CTMH  C1245 / Versa Color Ink Pads- Topaz, Canary, Atlantic, Cardinal, Evergreen / Sulky Thread- Olive Green

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Great cards, love the addition of the stitching. You make such fabulous clean and simple creations!

*Vicki* said...

Such lovely creations with the snowflakes and Christmas lights!! Love the shine on them too!! :) TFS and happy WCMD!!

Niki Estes said...

Great cards! I love the stamped frames. Those blue and white snowflakes look so neat!

Melissa said...

Cute cards! Happy World Card Making Day!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com

yyam said...

Love these! Simple but really lovely...great way to get started on those X'mas cards! :)

Tanya Tahir said...

stunning cards :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

These cards are all lovely! I lvoe the layout you've used for them! Happy WCMD!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

So fun how you used the same layout but came up with three different holiday cards.

Cheryl said...

Wonderful cards! You have a great start on your holiday cards. I really love the stitching on the middle card.

Kathy said...

I love your monochromatic cards! They are so elegant :)

Cath said...

Hey Amber! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Jolly Holiday Greetings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

Paula said...

These cards are great, I especially like the 2nd one. I'm getting so late making mine!

Courtney Johnston said...

Great cards! I LOVE the lightbulb one!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS