Wplus9 Color Cue #3 Challenge / Happy Birthday & Hello Tag

4.28.2010

 Today I made a matching card and tag for Wplus 9 Design Studio Color Cue #3 Challenge over at Dawn's blog. The challenge is to create a card, scrapbook page, digital layout, or tags as long as it uses the colors above. You have until May 7th at 11:59 pm EST to play along. You can check out the rest of the details HERE.
At first I thought this was going to be a challenging color combo but in the end they were pretty easy to combine. For this card I started by masking off the edges of my card with masking tape. After all the edges were masked off  I took a Close To My Heart foam dabber and started dabbing the yellow,blue,and melon colors on to my card base. I let the blended colors dry for a few minutes before I added the white circles with the colorful gemstones. ( The edges of my card were still masked off when I did this ) After that I peeled  the masking tape away and cut a smaller piece of white card stock to pop up the sentiment. Again I used my CTMH foam dabber to add the colors and then stamped my sentiment in the middle. Below is a matching tag I made to go along with the card. I made this using the same technique as above, I just used flowers instead of circles and I added ribbon..
Supplies: Card Stock- White / Happy Birthday Stamp- Heidi Swapp / Hello Stamp- CTMH D1187 "For Every Occasion" / Small Flower Stamp- CTMH D1247 "From Me To You"   /  Circle Stamp-Autumn Leaves Stampology "Funky Flowers" / CTMH Ink Pads- White Daisy, Honey, Lilac Mist, Baby Pink mixed with Taffy / Ribbon- Offery / Gemstones- Golden Yellow,Blue,White

17 comments:

Laurie said...

Very pretty! I love how you did the colors and the matching bookmark or tag is wonderful!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a wonderful look! Love the sponged background you created!

Becky said...

What an awesome technique, beautiful colors.

personalized birthday gifts said...

So bright and cheerful! Great job done.

Cheryl said...

Fabulous! I love the style of these.

havingfunwithpaper said...

Love the sparkles!!!

Jenn Embry said...

Beautiful card. I love it! What a great way to do a color challenge.

Dawn said...

Love the masking and the color-blending. Such a beautiful effect!

Thanks for playing along with us!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How pretty to use this color combo as a wash on the background of your projects.

Michele Gross said...

very pretty, love how the colors blend-neat effect :)

Gina said...

This is absolutely adorable. I love how you have combined these colors. The tag is great too!

Denise said...

I LOVE the way these color slook and blended together!

Cheryl Even said...

Love the soft look of the colors as they blend together. Very pretty.

Karen B. said...

Oh my word, the colors and the softness that you were able to achieve are absolutely beautiful.

Stampin'GHmom said...

What a unique card! I love the simplicity of it and yet how it still "pops" with the pretty colors

Kerry J. said...

So pretty! I was sure this was emboss resist until I read your process. Love the gradient effect!

paperpedaler said...

Really love this technique! So soft and yummy.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS