Funky Birthday Card

4.15.2010

Today I took a simple layered layout and tried to make it pop using stapled ribbon scraps and a few colored gemstones. At first I wasn't too sure about stapling on the ribbon but in the end I liked the look. Plus this is great if you have a lot of small ribbon scraps laying around like I do.
Supplies: Card Stock- White,Bright Pink.Light Purple,Light Blue / Sentiment Stamp- CTMH D1187 "For Every Occasion" / CTMH Ink Pad- Lilac Mist  / Ribbon- Joann Craft Essentials Bright Pink / 3D Cupcake Sticker- Recollections / Gemstones- Pink,Blue Purple / Staples

14 comments:

BonnieRose said...

this is soo cute that cupcake is the star!!! love it!

Crafty Creations said...

Great CAS card!! I love using up the ribbon scraps too - this is a great idea :)
and the cherry bling is perfect!!
Maria

Ronnie said...

I love this card! It is so crisp and clean, and I love your choice of embellies, perfect!

Elizabeth said...

Such a great use of staples - really very effective. Love the style of this card.

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Oh my gosh this card is just way too adorable! Love the clean and simple layout, and all the bling is such a perfect touch!

Lesley said...

Love it!

vicki said...

Just too cool! Love those pops of color! Blessings to you!

Martha said...

Amber, this is wonderful, love the layout of your card!

Cheryl said...

Very cute and creative!

Denise said...

Love the cherry bling!

Scrappy said...

Very Funky card! Love it! :-)

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Love this card! The 3 little bottom rhinestones are just the perfect little embellie to tie all the colours, the cupcake and the layout together. Great use of ribbon scraps too - I never would have thought of doing that - very clever idea.

Becky said...

This is a fun card, I love it..

Karen B. said...

Perfect, I have lots of these bitty ribbon things and this is a perfect way to use them!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS