For You / W Plus 9 Design Studio Color Cue 2 Challenge

4.06.2010

I made this card for Dawn's Color Cue Challenge over at W Plus 9 Design Studio. I loved this color combo when I saw it so I thought it would be fun to play along. For the butterfly I thought I'd try a glazed/stained glass technique, I've never tried this before. I colored the butterfly with Close To My Heart markers that matched the challenge colors and went over it with my water brush to blend them together. After I let it dry I put it on a piece of scrap paper and coated the butterfly with clear diamond glaze. The glaze gives it a shiny hard coat, after the glaze dried I bent it back and forth to crack the glaze, by doing this it gives it a stained glass look. ( Check out the close up below ) The challenge colors are pictured below along with the details.

Details: Create a card, scrapbook page, digital layout, tag, or whatever...just make sure to use the above colors.
Deadline: You have until April 7th at 11:59 pm EST to play along.
You can check out the rest of the details at Dawn's blog HERE.

Supplies: Card Stock- White, Juniper, Light Yellow, Bright Pink / Sentiment Stamp- CTMH D1187 "For Every Occasion" / Close To My Heart Markers- Juniper,Blush,Sunkiss Yellow / CTMH Ink Pad- Juniper /  Sizzix Textured Plate Kit #8- Dottie / Sulky Thread- White / Medium Water Brush / Clear Diamond Glaze / Small White fuzz balls / Pink Jeweled Brad

11 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Love this card, great colorblocking...very striking!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for explaining how to do that. So pretty.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very pretty! Love the butterfly.

Crafty Creations said...

Great job! The sewing and that butterfly is awesome!! Love the puff balls for it's body! I haven't used the crackle glaze yet, but it looks fun!!
Maria

Elise said...

Oh, goodness! May I just say that I think this GORGEOUS butterfly would make TIM HOLTZ blush with pink, teal and yellow envy! THAT is some super technique and wonderful card crafting! I'm delighted you joined Dawn's Color Cue! Yipeee!

Christiana said...

Very neat effect! I'll have to try that sometime.

Beate said...

Love your colorblocking and the texture you added to the panels.
Hugs and smiles

Dawn said...

Loving that stained glass technique, you've got skillz girl! I've tried this before and failed miserably...so kudos!

Thanks for playing along with us!!

Andrea Ewen said...

That butterfly sure stands out with the glossy sheen to it. Very pretty, thanks for sharing!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Inspiring site ! :)

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Love the colorblocking and stitching on this card! Your butterfly is so pretty! Fabulous card!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS