You & Me, Me & You / DCRU Challenge 23- Ribbon

1.29.2010

I made today s card for Die Cuts R Us Ribbon Challenge. The challenge is to create any card/project using ribbon. You can read all the details HERE. I pleated and stitched my ribbon onto the bottom of my card. I did the pleating by hand so its not that straight but I like the end result. Its hard to see in the photo but the stars are actually a shimmery transparent vellum. 

Supplies: Patterned Paper- CTMH " That's Amour" / Card Stock- CTMH Colonial White / Ribbon- Craft Essentials Cream / Sulky Thread- Light Pink / Vellum Sentiment- ColorBok "You & Me, Me & You" / Shimmery Vellum Stars / Small Heart Punch

13 comments:

Gwen said...

Amber I think your ribbon looks great. I love stitching on cards...always a wonderful addition. Nice color combo too!

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! Love the way you did the ribbon.

Cara said...

The pleated ribbon is such a unique touch! Thanks for joining us at DCRU!!
Cara DCRU DT

Scrappingalz said...

Beautiful card! Love it!

LORi said...

Fun and sweet card!!! Love the details!! Thanks for sharing with DCRU this week!!

DCRU HUGS - LORi

Amber said...

Beautiful card Amber! Love the pleated ribbon and the shabby stars are fabulous! It reminds me of a darling quilt! Thanks so much for joining us at DCRU!
Hugs
Amber

Tanya said...

very elegant, love the ribbon!

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty colors and love that pleating!

JessicaLynn said...

I love this design.. great card!

Jessica Lynn

Jackie said...

Love your card & the ribbon!
Hugs,
Jackie

Tammy Miller said...

This is adorable, how creative, love it!!

Pieces of Home Designs said...

love the ribbon folding!

PaperCrafty said...

Wonderful card!! I love how you stitched the ribbon!! Thanks for playing with us at DCRU!!
Sheri~DCRU DT

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS