Mariska's Card Challenge!

4.15.2009

I made this card for Mariska's card challenge at Pink Cat Studio. You can read all the details and enter the challenge HERE.
Here is the challenge:
1. Create either a birthday card or a card to celebrate a new baby
2. Use 3D layers in your stamped image and/or use stitches
Here are the requirements:
A Pink Cat Studio stamp must be used as the main stamp on the card. It is okay to use stamps from other companies as well. Your card can either be displayed on your blog or in an online gallery. You may enter only 1 project for this challenge.
Date challenge ends:
Monday, April 20th, 5 pm EST

For this card I cut out four strips 4 1/2 x 1 1/2 , after they were cut out I arranged them the way you see above and used glue dots to hold them in place. Note: My card base is 6"x6" After I had the strips where I wanted them I stitched around the edges with pink and purple thread. On the left side I wrapped pink elastic stretch cord around the card three times and tied a bow. On the right side I added three flowers. For the Lily image I colored her in with Close To My Heart markers and added Stickles to her wings and head band. I also paper pieced Lily's dress and outer wings using the same paper I used for my strips. Note: For Lily's skirt I used foam sticky dots to give it a layered look. I stamped my Happy Birthday sentiment around my circle and added a flower in the middle, to go with the rest of the card I stitched around the outer circle using purple thread.Supplies: Paper- Provo Craft Slab 6 "Rob and Bob Studio" / Card stock- White / Lily Stamp- Pink Cat Studio "Enchanted Lily"/ Sentiment stamp- CTMH D1262 "Express Postage" / CTMH Ink Pads- Black and Petal / CTMH Markers- Petal, Baby Pink, Green Leaf, Buttercup, Parchment / Stickles- Crystal / Flowers- Not sure / Thread- Pink and Purple / Elastic Sparkle Stretch Cord- Pink

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh WOW! Your card is so pretty! What a fun layout too, great job! Thanks for playing in the challenge!!
Hugs,
Melissa

Mariska said...

Oh boy your card is pretty! So much stitching on it and I love the paper piecing too. Love the effect of the string and ribbon on the design paper too. Great job!! Thank you for taking part in my challenge!!

xxx
Mariska

Peggy said...

WOW!! Love all that stitching! Your fairy Lily is delightful!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS