Springtime & Amy R's Friday Sketch

3.09.2009

I decided to try Amy R's Friday Sketch Challenge, I've never tried a sketch challenge before so this is my first one. To see Amy R's Friday Sketch Challenge click HERE.
Supplies: Paper- Close To My Heart "Key To My Heart" / Card Stock- Close To My Heart Sorbet and Orange / Stamp Sets- By Close To My Heart B1265 "Wonderful Charms" and C1349 "Ambiance" / Ribbon- By Offary "Light Juniper / Border Punch- Fiskars / Close To My Heart Ink Pads & Markers- Juniper And Black
I've been wanting to use this paper for a while now, I thought this sketch by Amy would be perfect for it. I really like all the colors in the paper and I thought it would make a good spring themed card. I stamped my tulips and butterfly onto my Sorbet card stock using black ink. Then I stamped them again onto a sheet of patterned paper. I then cut the tulip tops and the butterfly's wings out. After I cut them out I used foam sticky dots to pop them up. In this photo to the left you can kinda see how I paper pieced the tulips and the butterfly and how the foam sticky dots pop them up. The picture to the right is a top view of the card,
you can see the layout better and the colors are a lot brighter.

2 comments:

Lisa Graves said...

Great spring card. Love the paper pieced flowers. Great job!

AmyR said...

Well I'm honored that you chose one of my challenges as your first! You did a great job! Thanks for playing along!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS